Friday, October 23, 2015
creamy shrimp & garlic pasta
This weeks recipe was inspired by a post that I did way back in February of 2013. I guess back in 2013 I was really into pasta.. so weird. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on my mother for not knowing that I don't like Italian food?
The title: Creamy Shrimp and Garlic Pasta, is a little misleading. Not because it's not creamy, because it totally is! But because you don't have to make it with shrimp. Aaron doesn't really eat meat at all, and he thought it was delicious with no protein.
Really, the best thing about this recipe is that you look fancy even though it is so easy (less than 10 steps!).
Creamy Shrimp and Garlic Pasta:
(1) in a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat
add minced garlic *watch closely, garlic burns easily*
(2) once garlic is tender, add butter and melt fully
(3) add salt, pepper, and chicken stock
bring ingredients to boil
(4) once sauce pan has reached rolling boil, add pasta
(5) cook pasta per box directions *do not drain*
while pasta is cooking...
drizzle shrimp with olive oil
add minced garlic, and old bay seasoning
saute shrimp until pink
(6) reduce to medium heat, combine parmesan cheese
(7) once cheese is fully melted, remove from heat
add half & half and desired parsley
*sauce may be thin at first, let sit, covered, for 5 minutes*