Seriously, I cannot get over this trip. I never really started traveling until I met Aaron.
I remember my first time on an airplane was my junior year of college. I flew with Aaron and his brother to a family Thanksgiving in Florida. Definitely a short flight that I completely freaked out on... it was great!
Since then we have been to a lot of different places and I am pretty much mastering flying, and also hating flying. Yeah, of course I would rather fly than drive to California. That does not mean that I enjoy flying. Really, it's not the actual flight, it is more the processes before and after. Such a hassle shoving my crap into such a small over head bin!
I feel like this post has gotten horribly off track
There are so many things that I saw in California that I found really cool. And maybe you've already seen all of these things before, but I haven't and I am still amazed! So, if you don't like rambling lists you should probably divert your eyes.
Some of The Things I Saw in California:
- a camel [not a zoo camel, a for real, outside, in a front yard, camel]
- a road runner
- a coyote
- 1 million Priuses
- a combo Starbucks/Super Cuts location
- the "coolest moon ever"
- San Diego
- Laguna Beach [ohhh high school dreams]
- Newport Beach [omg The OC! I know I was way late to that party but I love it anyway]
- San Francisco
- a surfer
- a surfer surfing
- the Pacific Ocean
- the desert
- the garlic capitol of the world [everything legit smelled like garlic: happy place]
- avocado paired with everything I ordered
- beautiful sunny skies every. single. day.
- some of the most expensive homes in the country
- "homeless" people sleeping on the street with dogs
- the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- a woman guarding the star of Michael Jackson and setting the mood with candles
- Rodeo Drive
- Beverly Hills
- the Hollywood Sign
- Petco Park
- a baseball game from my hotel room 3 nights in a row
- a yacht gated community [seriously!], and,
- beautiful sunsets and sunrises