alright ladies, this recipe is a little more complex than you might be used to.
you are going to make 2 different things, cut some stuff up,
then put it together into a third new thing: Pesto Margherita Pizza
now please understand two things before getting deep into this recipe post.
1. you must have a food processor to make the pesto. a blender will not work.
2. all of these photos are blurry.. I apologize. I wouldn't even show you them,
however, this is the best food I have ever made! so damn delicious.
Pesto Margherita Pizza
what you need:
1 tbs. chopped garlic
2 cups fresh basil leaves [packed]
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
pizza dough [I used the Jiffy boxed pizza dough, made per instructions]
1.5 cups pesto [you can always buy premade pesto]
2 large balls fresh mozzarella [sliced]
2 medium tomatoes [sliced]
now make it:
1. place basil into food processor. pulse 4 times.
2. add garlic, salt, and pepper. pulse 4 times.
3. with the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feeding tube.
continue processing until pesto is thoroughly pureed.
4. add parmesan cheese, and puree for 1 minute.
1. use the pesto as a pizza sauce substitute. spread in an even layer over top of the pizza dough.
2. layer mozzarella and tomatoes over pesto.
3. bake on a pizza stone, pizza pan, or baking sheet at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
again guys, I totally apologize for the iPhone photos.
Aaron and I were trying something new,
we honestly didn't expect it to really work out.
but this is a recipe that had to be shared.
this is the best pizza I have had in quite awhile!