turkey pot pie
what you need:
1 box premade crusts
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3/4 cup organic chicken broth [buy the 32oz box]
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups shredded turkey
2 cups of veggies
how you make it:
1. heat oven to 425*F. make pie crust per directions [use a 9-inch glass pie plate]
2. in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. add onion.
[stirring often, until onions are slightly tender, 1 to 2 minutes]
3. stir in flour, garlic salt and pepper, until well blended.
4. gradually add in broth and milk
[cook and stir until bubbly and thickened]
5. in a large bowl, mix turkey, veggies, and gravy.
6. using a measuring cup, scoop ingredients into pie crust.
top with second crust; seal edges and cut slits in top crust.
7. bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
let stand 5 minutes before serving.
and that is that people. you've got yourself a pot pie.
this is by far my favorite food. last meal will be a pot pie!
I should probably note that this is probably not a healthy recipe,
but it sure as hell is delicious. don't miss out!