it would not be an exaggeration to say that that I have considered dropping.
theory and philosophy are not for me. I am not by any means a deep thinker.
at least not about topics that have nothing whatsoever to do with me and my life.
I don't think that this is a bad thing. we can't all be deep thinkers, can we?
we can't all be dreaming up the next big philosophical theory or architectural movement.
alright, enough of this. I have to take my break away from all this talk while I can.
today is Thursday, therefore I am going to bless you with a recipe! this weeks recipe is:
cheesy one pot hash
what you need:
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes,
cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
12 ounces ham steak,
precooked and diced
2 bunches green onions, diced
green and white parts divided
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 ounces baby spinach
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
how you make it:
1. place potatoes in a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket and cook
[covered, over simmering water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes]
2. heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
add ham and whites of green onion and cook,
[stirring often, until onions are slightly tender, 1 to 2 minutes]
3. add potatoes to skillet and saute'
[stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes]
4. sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the potato-and-ham mixture; stir to coat
5. stir in spinach and green part of green onion
6. drizzle water into skillet, sprinkle cheddar over mixture
[cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes]
this is a great recipe for breakfast or dinner so be sure to try it out.